Wills and Bequests
Learn About Wills and Bequests
What are the benefits of making a bequest?
- You leave a lasting legacy to be remembered
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family
- You may receive estate tax savings
How do I make a bequest?
- A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to family, friends or The Legacy at Shell Point as part of your estate plan.
Bequest of Cash
- “I bequeath the sum of $10,000 to The Legacy at Shell Point of Fort Myers, FL.”
Bequest of a Percent of the Estate
- “I devise and bequeath 20% of the remainder and residue of property owned at my death, whether real or personal, and wherever located to The Legacy at Shell Point, Fort Myers, FL.”
- “If my brother John Doe survives me, I devise and bequeath 20% of the remainder and residue of property owned at my death, whether real or personal, and wherever located to John Doe. If John Doe does not survive me, then I devise and bequeath 20% of my residuary estate, whether real or personal property and wherever located to Shell Point Retirement Community, Fort Myers, FL.”
- The Legacy Foundation at Shell Point, Inc., 15010 Shell Point Blvd, Fort Myers, FL 33908.
TAX I.D. Number
- The Legacy Foundation at Shell Point, Inc. TAX ID number is #800002415.
Want to Learn More?
If you would like to learn more about wills, bequests and trusts you can view our brochure by clicking here or through the preview below.
How Do I Get Started?
If you are not sure where to begin, the first step would be to review our Legacy Planner which you can do by clicking here or through the preview below.
Otherwise, any extra inquiries should be forwarded to Jeff Cory at JeffCory@shellpoint.org or by calling us at (239) 466-8484.