The Shell Point Legacy Society
There are a number of ways you can become a member of Shell Point's Legacy Society, such as:
- Name Shell Point as a beneficiary in your Will or Revocable Living Trust. A sample bequest may read, “I give and bequeath to Shell Point Retirement Community, 15000 Shell Point Blvd., Fort Myers, Florida 33908, an amount equal to ___% (percentage) of my estate.” (Or designate a specific sum of money or otherwise describe the gift.)
- Include Shell Point as beneficiary of an Individual Retirement Account (IRA), 401(k), 403(b), or other retirement plan.
- Create a Charitable Remainder Trust to provide you with income and current tax savings, with the remainder, or a portion thereof, to Shell Point.
- Name Shell Point as the beneficiary of an existing life insurance policy or annuity contract, or purchase a new policy for the benefit of Shell Point.
- Purchase a charitable gift annuity that provides you with current income and tax savings, and benefits Shell Point.
- Gift a remainder interest in a home or farm to Shell Point, which allows you to receive a current income tax deduction while you continue to live on the property.
- Establish a Charitable Lead Trust to benefit you, your loved ones and Shell Point.
- Place a bank account or certificate of deposit (CD) “In Trust For” (ITF) or “Payable on Death” (POD) to Shell Point Retirement Community.
- Title a brokerage account to “Transfer on Death” (TOD) to Shell Point Retirement Community. A “TOD” account allows an individual to retain complete ownership rights to an account during their lifetime, while the assets would pass to us upon the owner’s death directly, bypassing probate.
- Lifetime cumulative gifts of cash, securities, real estate and other property of $100,000 or greater, will qualify for membership in the Shell Point Legacy Society. As well as all planned or estate gifts (of any amount) listed above.
Benefits of Legacy Society Membership
Honoring Your Generosity, the Legacy Society Membership offers a wide array of benefits including:
Recognition of your name in select Shell Point publications as a member of the Shell Point Legacy Society.
Invitation to the annual Shell Point Legacy Society luncheon.
Special announcements and invitations to select Shell Point events.
A beautiful certificate of membership and a Shell Point Legacy Society special gift.
...And much more!